QV Document Analyzer
Version 3.8, Dec 17, 2017 - QlikView
This tool is used to analyze the structure of a qvw. The analysis focuses on what fields are used and where. This information can be to used to tune the performance of a Document or investigate the impact of data changes.
This download is packaged as a zip file that includes Document Analyzer, DA Compare Tool and DABatch script.
Changes for version 3.8
- Added “///$bnf off” to script to fix script macro error with QV Nov 2017 release.
Changes for version 3.7
- Add “Qlik Sense Conversion” sheet that aligns with the display of the Qlik Sense QlikView convertor. This can be useful when working with the convertor.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Class=State Space to Type=Field State.
- MB has been changed from 1024*1024 to 1000*1000 to align with the auto scaling of Qlik Sense.
- Corrected error in calculation of pointer size for fields having less than 8 values.
- For Buttons that don’t have Caption text, the Button label is loaded to the Caption field.
- Modifed Function count to reflect actual count of function, insteaad of number of expressions.
Changes for version 3.6
- Collecting State Names for Sheets and Objects
- Detecting field usage in Document Alerts.
- Calc time distribution chart on Summary sheet.
- Internal changes to support Batch Analysis.
- RAM footprint broken down into components on Summary sheet.
Changes for version 3.5
- Corrected file detection when using UNC path (“\\”) to QVW.
- Added new computed field, “Expression Table Count”.
- Improved function identification logic to find more functions.
- Added “Like Objects Count” attribute for Objects, identifying candidates for linked objects.
Changes for version 3.4
- Corrections to file detection logic on Main sheet. Should now work with both relative and absolute paths.
- Added button to launch DaCompareTool if file “DaCompareTool.qvw” is found in the same directory as Document Analyzer.
Changes for version 3.3
- Loading document script to support the new “Document Analyzer Compare Tool V1”.
Changes for version 3.2
- Added Expression metrics to Summary sheet.
- Added “Linked Object” property for Objects and [Linked Object] Listbox on Objects sheet.
- Removed background color from FieldName on Fields sheet, shown when the file has Recommendations.
- Now capturing Labels assigned to Dimension fields. New property, [Dimension Has Label].
- Now capturing Comment property of Dimensions and Expressions.
- New properties, [Dimension Has Comment] and [Expression Has Comment].
Click image to enlarge