Version 1.2, Oct 19, 2017 - QlikView
This application is used to analyze and report on results from the Document Analyzer tool.
Input to this tool is the DocumentAnalyzerResults*.qvd files produced by Document Analyzer.
Changes for version 1.2
- Added SheetName listbox to Objects sheet.
- Corrected Field Byte count expression on Fields sheet.
Changes for version 1.1
- Fixed “Select Analysis” dialog.
- Added Field Compare sheet.
- Added Memory stats to Object Compare.
Version 1.0, Jun 26, 2017 - QlikView
This script is used to execute the Document Analyzer tool over all the QVWs in a specific directory.
The file should be renamed from DaBatch.txt to DaBatch.cmd before using.
Usage: DaBatch.cmd somedir
where “somedir” is a directory of QVWs to analyze. QVW and QVD result files will be saved in the “DaResultsDir” directory specified in the script. See the script comments for configuration instructions.
Version 1.1, Oct 31, 2017 - QlikView
This utility provides two functions for QlikView QVWs:
- Create -prj directories from a set of QVWs.
- Build or Re-Build QVWs from -prj directories.
This is useful for making mass changes to a set of QVWs.
Updates for V1.1
– Added check for proper macro security.
– Added DeletePrj function.
Version 1.2.1, Nov 16, 2017 - Qlik Sense
This is the Qlik Sense version of the popular “Document Analyzer” tool that provides insights into your application. Discover where fields, variables and master items are used, and importantly, what fields are unused.
What visualizations take the longest to calculate?
Update for V1.2.1
- Fixed missing Field association for object type Listbox.
Updates for V1.2
- Fixed errors when empty Variable or Measure.
- Added ErrorLog table to data model. This table will record errors detected during the analysis process, e.g. Connector errors.
- Improved DA data model.
- The connector now extracts additional expressions such as Color By and Reference Lines.
- New attribute “Expression Location” identifies where in the object an expression is used.
- New attribute “Expression Table Count” attempts to identify multi-table expressions, which may be poor performers.
- New MasterDimension attributes “Master Dimension Label Conflict” and “Master Dimension Def Conflict” attempt to highlight possibly ambiguity in Dimension definitions.
- New expression attributes “Has Set Analysis” and “Uses Variable”.
- Expression Function usage analysis.
- Possible to define “initial selections” to be made by the connector before calculating objects.
Version 3.8, Dec 17, 2017 - QlikView
This tool is used to analyze the structure of a qvw. The analysis focuses on what fields are used and where. This information can be to used to tune the performance of a Document or investigate the impact of data changes.
This download is packaged as a zip file that includes Document Analyzer, DA Compare Tool and DABatch script.
Changes for version 3.8
- Added “///$bnf off” to script to fix script macro error with QV Nov 2017 release.
Changes for version 3.7
- Add “Qlik Sense Conversion” sheet that aligns with the display of the Qlik Sense QlikView convertor. This can be useful when working with the convertor.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Class=State Space to Type=Field State.
- MB has been changed from 1024*1024 to 1000*1000 to align with the auto scaling of Qlik Sense.
- Corrected error in calculation of pointer size for fields having less than 8 values.
- For Buttons that don’t have Caption text, the Button label is loaded to the Caption field.
- Modifed Function count to reflect actual count of function, insteaad of number of expressions.
Changes for version 3.6
- Collecting State Names for Sheets and Objects
- Detecting field usage in Document Alerts.
- Calc time distribution chart on Summary sheet.
- Internal changes to support Batch Analysis.
- RAM footprint broken down into components on Summary sheet.
Changes for version 3.5
- Corrected file detection when using UNC path (“\\”) to QVW.
- Added new computed field, “Expression Table Count”.
- Improved function identification logic to find more functions.
- Added “Like Objects Count” attribute for Objects, identifying candidates for linked objects.
Changes for version 3.4
- Corrections to file detection logic on Main sheet. Should now work with both relative and absolute paths.
- Added button to launch DaCompareTool if file “DaCompareTool.qvw” is found in the same directory as Document Analyzer.
Changes for version 3.3
- Loading document script to support the new “Document Analyzer Compare Tool V1”.
Changes for version 3.2
- Added Expression metrics to Summary sheet.
- Added “Linked Object” property for Objects and [Linked Object] Listbox on Objects sheet.
- Removed background color from FieldName on Fields sheet, shown when the file has Recommendations.
- Now capturing Labels assigned to Dimension fields. New property, [Dimension Has Label].
- Now capturing Comment property of Dimensions and Expressions.
- New properties, [Dimension Has Comment] and [Expression Has Comment].
Version 2.1, Apr 18, 2015 - QlikView
QVPR Analysis is a tool that will load a Qlikview XML Repository (QVPR) and allow you to analyze the contents.
With this app you can do Qlikview Analysis of the Reload and Distribution tasks defined on your server.
V2.1 adds QVD Creation Tasks.
V2 Update adds Icon Graph visualization of task flow by Ralf Becher.
Version 1.7, Jan 26, 2017 - QlikView
Script Log Analyzer will analyze a set of Qlikview and Qlik Sense script logs. It’s value is in visualizing the execution duration of each script statement in a reload.
Interface is available in English, Portuguese, German and Spanish.
The v1.7 update fixes an issue where the last operation in a failed script was not accounted for.
Version 1.8, Jul 18, 2016 - QlikView
This tool builds a searchable repository of QlikView scripts.
Ver 1.8 Update: Added a “Version 12 Upgrade Check” sheet to highlight potential QV12 script compatibility issues.
Each QVW file in the Input directory tree is opened and the script and module texts are extracted and written to the output directory. The QVWs are opened with /nodata, so the process runs quickly.
You must respond to any macro or section access login prompts.
After Reload, the extracted script can be searched using the “Script Search” sheet.
You must grant System Access to this QVW.
Follow the instructions on the “Main” sheet to get started.
After searching for “customer”