Version 3, Mar 9, 2020  Dev Data Browser - QlikView
Version 3, Mar 9, 2020
Examples of useful charts and filters to investigate your data model during development or debugging. Shows how to use the $Table and $Fields system fields to access the fields in your data model.
Charts can be copied as-is into any app and should work with your data without any changes requires.
Version 1.1, Oct 31, 2017 - QlikView
This utility provides two functions for QlikView QVWs:
- Create -prj directories from a set of QVWs.
- Build or Re-Build QVWs from -prj directories.
This is useful for making mass changes to a set of QVWs.
Updates for V1.1
– Added check for proper macro security.
– Added DeletePrj function.
Version 1.7.1, Apr 25, 2020 - Qlik Sense
This is the Qlik Sense version of the popular “Document Analyzer” tool that provides insights into your application. Discover where fields, variables and master items are used, and importantly, what fields are unused.
Update for V1.7.1
- Connection Edit dialog now requires user to press the “Connect” button to initiate a refresh of the app list. This was done to correct a problem where userids could get suspended for too many incorrect passwords.
Update for V1.7
- Userid & Password has been added to the connection dialog for connecting to QS Enterprise.
- Improved error message reporting in the connector dialog.
- The “Analysis Errors” sheet has been replaced by the “Configuration” sheet. “Configuration” is always visible in the ribbon and will be colored yellow if any analysis error messages are detected.
- The new Configuration extension may be used to configure analysis settings and run reload.
- You may now optionally specify the analysis target application in “Configuration” dialog. You must still select a server and default application in the connector.
- Added counts to most listboxes.
- Various calculation and editorial corrections.
Update for V1.6
- New “Missing Objects” summary table on sheet “Extract Log”.
- New connector fields Objects.ObjectNumOfColumns, Objects.ObjectNumOfRows.
- Stability improvements in the connector.
- Descriptions added to most DA Dimensions and Measures. Use “Show Details” on each chart to see documentation of the Dimensions and Measures in the chart.
- New connector fields Objects.ObjectDescription, MasterDimensions.MasterDimensionDescription, MasterMeasures.MasterMeasureDescription contains the Description field from master items.
- Connection name is now a script variable to facilitate using varying connection names on server.
Update for V1.5.1
- Bug fix — correct “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error when missing object.
Update for V1.5
- Installer allows editing of all install paths.
- New attribute “FieldComment”.
- Summary ribbon at top of sheet provides sheet navigation by clicking a cell.
- Improved error handling in the connector. New KPI “Analysis Errors” on the Summary sheet.
- Fix issue #4 Connection error when using self-signed certificates.
Field widths (Symbol width) are no longer estimated. Field sizes are obtained directly from
- Various UI layout changes.
Version 3.10, May 6, 2020 - QlikView
This tool is used to analyze the structure of a qvw. The analysis focuses on what fields are used and where. This information can be to used to tune the performance of a Document or investigate the impact of data changes.
This download is packaged as a zip file that includes Document Analyzer, DA Compare Tool and DABatch script.
Changes for version 3.10
- Fixed hang during extract when QV April 2019 SR2 or SR3.
- Added check and warning message if “Binary Load Prohibited” is checked on for the target QVW. Binary Load is required during the Reload step. Credit Sunny Talwar.
Changes for version 3.9
- A prj directory is no longer required to get full analysis. The prj recommendation is removed from the Main sheet.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Type=Field State to Class=State Space.
- Added contribution from Marcel Hug to analyze use of Module Subs and Functions.
Changes for version 3.8
- Added “///$bnf off” to script to fix script macro error with QV Nov 2017 release.
Changes for version 3.7
- Add “Qlik Sense Conversion” sheet that aligns with the display of the Qlik Sense QlikView convertor. This can be useful when working with the convertor.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Class=State Space to Type=Field State.
- MB has been changed from 1024*1024 to 1000*1000 to align with the auto scaling of Qlik Sense.
- Corrected error in calculation of pointer size for fields having less than 8 values.
- For Buttons that don’t have Caption text, the Button label is loaded to the Caption field.
- Modified Function count to reflect actual count of function, instead of number of expressions.
Version 2.1, Apr 18, 2015 - QlikView
QVPR Analysis is a tool that will load a Qlikview XML Repository (QVPR) and allow you to analyze the contents.
With this app you can do Qlikview Analysis of the Reload and Distribution tasks defined on your server.
V2.1 adds QVD Creation Tasks.
V2 Update adds Icon Graph visualization of task flow by Ralf Becher.
Version 1.7, Dec 12, 2019  Script Log Analyzer - QlikView
Version 1.7, Dec 12, 2019
Script Log Analyzer will analyze a set of Qlikview and/or Qlik Sense script logs. It’s value is in visualizing the execution duration of each script statement in a reload.
Interface is available in English, Portuguese, German and Spanish.
The v1.7 update fixes an issue where the last operation in a failed script was not accounted for.
The Qlik Sense version was written by Clever Anjos.
Version 1.9, Jul 18, 2016 - QlikView
This tool builds a searchable repository of QlikView scripts.
Ver 1.9 Update: Added optional “Search Words” file to search for a list of words during reload.
Ver 1.8 Update: Added a “Version 12 Upgrade Check” sheet to highlight potential QV12 script compatibility issues.
Each QVW file in the Input directory tree is opened and the script and module texts are extracted and written to the output directory. The QVWs are opened with /nodata, so the process runs quickly.
You must respond to any macro or section access login prompts.
After Reload, the extracted script can be searched using the “Script Search” sheet.
You must grant System Access to this QVW.
Follow the instructions on the “Main” sheet to get started.
After searching for “customer”