Version 1.1, Oct 31, 2017 - QlikView
This utility provides two functions for QlikView QVWs:
- Create -prj directories from a set of QVWs.
- Build or Re-Build QVWs from -prj directories.
This is useful for making mass changes to a set of QVWs.
Updates for V1.1
– Added check for proper macro security.
– Added DeletePrj function.
Version 1.4, Dec 12, 2018 - Qlik Sense
This is the Qlik Sense version of the popular “Document Analyzer” tool that provides insights into your application. Discover where fields, variables and master items are used, and importantly, what fields are unused.
Update for V1.4
- Installer improvements. The correct directory for Connectors and Apps is automatically detected.
- New attribute “ObjectIsExtension”. Possible values are:
- False – not an extension.
- True – object is an extension but not a widget.
- Widget – object is a widget.
- Missing – object is an extension, but extension is not present on server.
- Master Visualizations, and the Dimensions and Expressions therein, are now extracted and processed.
- DimensionLabel field added to “Dimensions” table.
- New table “Bookmarks”. Bookmarks are now extracted and linked to Fields.
- MB Constant changed from 1000*1000 to 1024*1024. This means these numbers now scaled in MB will have slightly smaller values than previous versions.
- Calc Time is now displayed in seconds instead of milliseconds.
- Dimensions and Expressions summary added to Objects sheet.
- Some analysis of the data model is performed, and the results and recommendations expressed as flag fields. New sheet “Flag Summary” will display an overview of found conditions.
- Color highlighting of detected problems.
Update for V1.3
- Add “Expression Table Count” for Variables.
- Now validating expressions. Added two new attributes, “ExpressionCheckResult” and “MasterMeasureCheckResult”.
- Support for analyzing applications on Qlik Sense Enterprise. Only NTLM (Windows) auth is currently supported.
- Collecting expressions used in Title / Subtitle / Footnote.
- Possible to specify a Bookmark Name that should be applied before Objects are calculated.
Update for V1.2.2
- A configurable Timeout property is available to define how long a request from the connector should wait for a response from the server.
Update for V1.2.1
- Fixed missing Field association for object type Listbox.
Updates for V1.2
- Fixed errors when empty Variable or Measure.
- Added ErrorLog table to data model. This table will record errors detected during the analysis process, e.g. Connector errors.
- Improved DA data model.
- The connector now extracts additional expressions such as Color By and Reference Lines.
- New attribute “Expression Location” identifies where in the object an expression is used.
- New attribute “Expression Table Count” attempts to identify multi-table expressions, which may be poor performers.
- New MasterDimension attributes “Master Dimension Label Conflict” and “Master Dimension Def Conflict” attempt to highlight possibly ambiguity in Dimension definitions.
- New expression attributes “Has Set Analysis” and “Uses Variable”.
- Expression Function usage analysis.
- Possible to define “initial selections” to be made by the connector before calculating objects.
Version 3.9, Dec 17, 2017 - QlikView
This tool is used to analyze the structure of a qvw. The analysis focuses on what fields are used and where. This information can be to used to tune the performance of a Document or investigate the impact of data changes.
This download is packaged as a zip file that includes Document Analyzer, DA Compare Tool and DABatch script.
Changes for version 3.9
- A prj directory is no longer required to get full analysis. The prj recommendation is removed from the Main sheet.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Type=Field State to Class=State Space.
- Added contribution from Marcel Hug to analyze use of Module Subs and Functions.
Changes for version 3.8
- Added “///$bnf off” to script to fix script macro error with QV Nov 2017 release.
Changes for version 3.7
- Add “Qlik Sense Conversion” sheet that aligns with the display of the Qlik Sense QlikView convertor. This can be useful when working with the convertor.
- Changed Per User memory calc from Class=State Space to Type=Field State.
- MB has been changed from 1024*1024 to 1000*1000 to align with the auto scaling of Qlik Sense.
- Corrected error in calculation of pointer size for fields having less than 8 values.
- For Buttons that don’t have Caption text, the Button label is loaded to the Caption field.
- Modified Function count to reflect actual count of function, instead of number of expressions.
Version 2.1, Apr 18, 2015 - QlikView
QVPR Analysis is a tool that will load a Qlikview XML Repository (QVPR) and allow you to analyze the contents.
With this app you can do Qlikview Analysis of the Reload and Distribution tasks defined on your server.
V2.1 adds QVD Creation Tasks.
V2 Update adds Icon Graph visualization of task flow by Ralf Becher.
Version 1.7, Jan 26, 2017 - QlikView
Script Log Analyzer will analyze a set of Qlikview and Qlik Sense script logs. It’s value is in visualizing the execution duration of each script statement in a reload.
Interface is available in English, Portuguese, German and Spanish.
The v1.7 update fixes an issue where the last operation in a failed script was not accounted for.
Version 1.9, Jul 18, 2016 - QlikView
This tool builds a searchable repository of QlikView scripts.
Ver 1.9 Update: Added optional “Search Words” file to search for a list of words during reload.
Ver 1.8 Update: Added a “Version 12 Upgrade Check” sheet to highlight potential QV12 script compatibility issues.
Each QVW file in the Input directory tree is opened and the script and module texts are extracted and written to the output directory. The QVWs are opened with /nodata, so the process runs quickly.
You must respond to any macro or section access login prompts.
After Reload, the extracted script can be searched using the “Script Search” sheet.
You must grant System Access to this QVW.
Follow the instructions on the “Main” sheet to get started.
After searching for “customer”