QS Document Analyzer
Version 1.4, Dec 12, 2018 - Qlik Sense
This is the Qlik Sense version of the popular “Document Analyzer” tool that provides insights into your application. Discover where fields, variables and master items are used, and importantly, what fields are unused.
What visualizations take the longest to calculate?
Update for V1.4
- Installer improvements. The correct directory for Connectors and Apps is automatically detected.
- New attribute “ObjectIsExtension”. Possible values are:
- False – not an extension.
- True – object is an extension but not a widget.
- Widget – object is a widget.
- Missing – object is an extension, but extension is not present on server.
- Master Visualizations, and the Dimensions and Expressions therein, are now extracted and processed.
- DimensionLabel field added to “Dimensions” table.
- New table “Bookmarks”. Bookmarks are now extracted and linked to Fields.
- MB Constant changed from 1000*1000 to 1024*1024. This means these numbers now scaled in MB will have slightly smaller values than previous versions.
- Calc Time is now displayed in seconds instead of milliseconds.
- Dimensions and Expressions summary added to Objects sheet.
- Some analysis of the data model is performed, and the results and recommendations expressed as flag fields. New sheet “Flag Summary” will display an overview of found conditions.
- Color highlighting of detected problems.
Update for V1.3
- Add “Expression Table Count” for Variables.
- Now validating expressions. Added two new attributes, “ExpressionCheckResult” and “MasterMeasureCheckResult”.
- Support for analyzing applications on Qlik Sense Enterprise. Only NTLM (Windows) auth is currently supported.
- Collecting expressions used in Title / Subtitle / Footnote.
- Possible to specify a Bookmark Name that should be applied before Objects are calculated.
Update for V1.2.2
- A configurable Timeout property is available to define how long a request from the connector should wait for a response from the server.
Update for V1.2.1
- Fixed missing Field association for object type Listbox.
Updates for V1.2
Click image to enlarge
- Fixed errors when empty Variable or Measure.
- Added ErrorLog table to data model. This table will record errors detected during the analysis process, e.g. Connector errors.
- Improved DA data model.
- The connector now extracts additional expressions such as Color By and Reference Lines.
- New attribute “Expression Location” identifies where in the object an expression is used.
- New attribute “Expression Table Count” attempts to identify multi-table expressions, which may be poor performers.
- New MasterDimension attributes “Master Dimension Label Conflict” and “Master Dimension Def Conflict” attempt to highlight possibly ambiguity in Dimension definitions.
- New expression attributes “Has Set Analysis” and “Uses Variable”.
- Expression Function usage analysis.
- Possible to define “initial selections” to be made by the connector before calculating objects.