Here are a few items I hope show up as script and development features in Qlikview.next.
1. Script scoped variables. I use a lot of variables in script and it’s a hassle to have to delete them at the end of the script before they get promoted to the UI. I’d like to have a variable type that gets automatically dropped at script end. Perhaps by naming pattern like:
2. Function blocks in script. Not variables with parameters, but blocks that can execute multiple script statements and return a single result.
3. Allow the CALL statement (and other control statements) to span multiple lines.
4. Regular Expression test and match functions.
– A few more that are not script, but development related:
5. A chart function to read Field and Table Comments.
6. Menu command to open the script logfile.
7. Support cases remain open until a bug fix is delivered — not closed when a bug id is assigned.