Version 1.4 of the Qlik Sense Document Analyzer (QSDA) tool is now available for download here.
If you are not familiar with QSDA, it’s a free application profiling tool for Qlik Sense that can help you identify items such as unused fields, poorly performing expressions and data model problems.
I’m pleased that Mike Steedle of Axis Group has joined me as co-developer of QSDA. Mike contributes his many years of experience in profiling and tuning Qlik applications.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.4:
- Installer improvements. The correct directory for Connectors and Apps is automatically detected.
- New attribute “ObjectIsExtension”. Possible values are:
- False – not an extension.
- True – object is an extension but not a widget.
- Widget – object is a widget.
- Missing – object is an extension, but extension is not present on server.
- Unused Master Visualizations, and the Dimensions and Expressions therein, are now extracted and processed.
- DimensionLabel field added to “Dimensions” table.
- New table “Bookmarks”. Bookmarks are now extracted and linked to Fields.
- MB Constant changed from 1000*1000 to 1024*1024. This means these numbers now scaled in MB will have slightly smaller values than previous versions.
- Calc Time is now displayed in seconds instead of milliseconds.
- Dimensions and Expressions summary added to Objects sheet.
- Some analysis of the data model is performed, and the results and recommendations expressed as flag fields. New sheet “Flag Summary” will display an overview of found conditions.
- Color highlighting of detected problems.
- Reorganization of sheets and sheet layouts.
- Addition of a “Glossary” sheet provides descriptions for flags.
The installer currently only supports installation on Qlik Sense Desktop, although you can analyze applications on Enterprise Server.
Improving the server analysis capabilities and possibly a server install will be a focus of the next update.
If you have general usage questions on QSDA, please use the comments section here or Qlik Community.
If you have a bug to report, use the issue tracker.
I hope you find QSDA useful. I’m excited to see it maturting and pleased to have the help from Axis Group.